Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, August 15, 2005

THE FINAL "HOME" STRETCH

And so it begins ...

... After working in the business of Minor League Baseball for five seasons I am "retiring" from the business from a full-time stand point. Today I began what will be my final homestand and it will be a crazy way to finish as the homestand is an eight-gamer that will certainly tax my body! (But hey, what a way to go!)

It's been kind of reflective during the day as I remember chasing dogs in the outfield, pulling (drunk) people of the tarp during a rain delay, amazing views from the roof and many sleepless nights! So I figure over the next few days I'll share the stories that one day will make those listening (or reading) to wonder "why in the world would I choose such a profession?"

I do take some pride in the fact that the average work-span of a Minor League employee is just 3 years (YES, just 3!!) and I made it through five! Of course that won't get me anything special but at least I beat the average and took years off my life in the process.

Play Ball!

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations on making it to your final homestretch! You can make it; you're almost through! Good luck as you wrap things up and start out on your new "adventure." Thanks for all the encouragement you've thrown my way.....Melissa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home