Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

KONG ANYONE?

This movie had me intrigued from the time I saw the first trailer months ago. There were some good and bad with this flick.

GOOD -
Battle with T-Rex(s) vs. Kong
Videography/Visuals

BAD -
Downtime

First the bad, it felt like there was a whole lot of down time and too much behind the main theme story telling. Peter Jackson just directed a little bit more than he should have. The first 35 minutes are pretty blah and it felt like there was way too much set-up. There was way to much "extra stuff" and it made the movie longer than needed. Too much terror that didn't need to be in the movie.

The fight scene between King Kong and the T-Rex(s) was absolutely amazing. I mean just one big amazing visual. It never looked computerized. Not once. It was so shockingly great. A ton of fun to watch. If there's a scene in the film that wasn't visually stunning, I didn't see it. If this film doesn't win some sort of Oscar for visual efffects, I'd like to know what the voters were smoking.

Admist all that the storyline with Noami Watts and King Kong was really fasnating. I knew what was going to happen by the end but for some reason that whole relationship between the woman and the beast is pretty cool.

Not a bad flick ... It has to be watched on the big screen.

5 Comments:

  • Man it feels like you have been gone forever!

    By Blogger Jeanna, at 9:35 AM  

  • haha that movie was pretty great! and I 2nd what Jeanna says it seems like you have been gone forever~

    By Blogger Sarah B, at 9:55 AM  

  • Yeah, I saw this movie just the other night, and I agree, the special effects are AMAZING! The only thing I didn't like about it were some of the corny one-liners they would throw in. The last line in the movie for example: "I guess beauty did kill the beast". I mean, COME ON! Are you serious?!

    Overall, this movie captivated me. I wasn't looking hard for any mistakes in the special effects, but even if I were I don't think I could have found them very easily. I was impressed with the scene where the Brontosaurus (Brontosauri, plural?) were stampeding. Stunning. Brilliant. Come home.

    By Blogger Jonathan Anderstrom, at 11:28 AM  

  • Honestly Steph I'm telling you the truth. When are you coming home?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM  

  • ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home