Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

McLAREN'S INSIGHT

So on Sunday morning I drove down to Spencerville, MD to visit the church of Brian McLaren. He's the author of such books Generous Orthodoxy, A New Kind of Christian and More Ready than You Realize among others.

Cedar Ridge Community Church is set on a farm with a big silo right in the middle of the property. It felt really friendly. I don't know why but it just did. By no stretch is this a mega-church and it felt a lot like the church I went to while I was in college (say about 650 people or so). In some ways in reminded my of a much smaller Mars Hill (i.e. Rob Bell's church).

I did get to chat with McLaren for a few moments afterwards. He recommended a few books and I was on my way. Once again, just seemed like a really nice guy. Before the service he spent at least 10 minutes walking through the aisle welcoming people.

6 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM  

  • Were you embarrased by our love for you?? Why do you desperately try to hide our passion for you by deleting our comments? Come home STEPHEN!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 AM  

  • I don't want anyone getting jealous of my ever loving presence - HA! (And I have no clue what that means)

    See you soon (whoever you are)! ... Stay Warm!!

    By Blogger Stephen Hinkel, at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home