Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

BIBLICAL THEOLOGY

Doesn't that title of this post make you want to read on!?! HA!

I started my fourth three-day seminar at Bethel this week, the class - "Biblical Theology" ... In doing all the pre-class reading I get frustrated at this topic sometimes. Don't get me wrong but it seems that too much time is spend talking about theology and all sort of methods that come with that instead of really moving people towards the life that God intended.

Someone at Mosaic once told me early in the internship, and I am para-phrasing here but the point is still made ... "I would encourage you not to spend time talking about theology because people just want 'real person-to-person' conversation and most people I know would rather not talk about theology."

OK, I know that talking about God and how He can help move you toward the life you should be living is essentially theology but, no one really cares about those "big theological words" you know (systematic, diachronic, whatever, etc., etc.).

Can we just help people move forward in their life in a righteous and Godly manner and put "those big theological words" in your back pocket for another time or discussion?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home