Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

HITCH

I know the movie "Hitch" is a few years old but I have finally gotten around to watching it. I must admit that it was a rather funny movie. Unrealistic for sure, but at least I got a good laugh every now and then.

I pretty much despise dating movies for the very reason that I mentioned above -- they are unrealistic and, for that matter, a figment of someones imagination. But is that anyones fault?

The males, the females, perhaps it is Hollywood's fault dating movies are nothing like the real thing. Think about this - what would dating in real life look like if there weren't movies like "Hitch" or "The Notebook" and such? It would have to be different. I just gotta believe that.

I have no problem paying for meal, opening the doors, taking her coat and such. Going above and beyond should be expected when you have stronger feelings for another individual. However, going out on a date becomes a problem when the girl is "waiting" for her Cinderella moment. Just an FYI -- there's a 99.9% chance that moment isn't coming.

Isn't it enough that a guy puts his heart (and soul for that matter) "out there" and becomes vulnerable. Isn't dating a wonderful thing? The person who can love and care for you most deeply is the one who can hurt and "cut" you the deepest. Gotta love that! Yet, we as people go back for more and more until we find that "it" factor in a relationship.

I don't get dating movies. I really don't and never will. Shoot -- forget dating movies. I just don't get dating. Maybe never will.

Ok, this post is longer than it should be (or is it to short!?!?)

3 Comments:

  • oh, so many thoughts...but we'll keep it to this one...i think that if you know that the person you are with is the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with, you'll make sure to make that "Cinderella" moment. It might not look like the movies, but thats just it, they're movies!

    **Maybe Susie is out there waiting for her prince charming to come and sweep her off her feet!**

    By Blogger Laura, at 3:39 PM  

  • I can feel you. The whole premise of those movies is that it could happen but the chances are slim. So are we just wasting time looking for those moments? I'd say so.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 PM  

  • Cinderella moments do happen. Being swept of your feet and then falling in Love is something magical that you really can't explain. But when you know in your heart that their the one then don't loose them ever.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home