Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Saturday, September 30, 2006

JUST BY CHANCE

I had my second interesting encounter of the week on Friday afternoon.

Not a whole lot of people know who Patrick Lencioni is but I am huge fan of his books. He has written “Death by Meeting,” “Silos, Politics and Turf Wars,” and most notably “Five Dysfunctions of a Team.” His stuff and way he writes is awesome. He also gave an outstanding talk at the 2003 Willowcreek Leadership Summit.

On Friday afternoon I was heading to the Notre Dame athletic department to take care of some business. I walk by the main office and I see this guy who looks like Patrick Lencioni. No chance it could be him. After taking care of my stuff in the department, I walk back out and he is still in the waiting area by the office.

Being the outgoing guy that I am, I just say “Hey Patrick.”

He turns around and we engage in this brief conversation about his books, his reason for being in town (he lives in California) and some other things. A rather fun few minutes for me.

So he may not be some “awesome” celebrity but it was still rather cool to meet one of my favorite authors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home