Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Saturday, January 20, 2007

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

Well, I am now 7-for-8 in predicting NFL playoff games. The "so called" experts at ESPN have just one person with the same mark so I'm rather pleased with my picks considering my history of awful predictions. If it weren't for those freakin' Colts last week I would have a perfect mark! Anyway ...

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Bears - 25
Saints - 21

I think the Bears home field advantage will pay off in this game. The Saints defense is solid but the Bears running backs are better. I also believe that the Bears defense will be just good enough to slow down the Saints quick offense. In addition, I think the slower turf and the weather conditions will hurt New Orleans ability to move the ball. I did read this really strange stats were the Bears have just one win in their last nine home playoff games when the temperature is below 40 degrees.

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Patriots - 27
Colts - 24

This is probably the main reason I am picking the Patriots - Bill Belichick and Tom Brady have never lost on AFC Championship game together (3-0). Payton Manning is 5-6 in the playoffs and has never won three straight games and never made the Super Bowl. If New England can control time of possession they should win. The less Indianapolis is on the field the better.

So that's what I am going with. This weekend is more fun than Super Bowl weekend in my opinion so enjoy!

3 Comments:

  • yes that's right my colts ruined your perfect record! We'll see if they do it again!

    By Blogger Laura, at 10:21 AM  

  • Well, my Colts upset your prediction again! Oh how I love that! These next two weeks are going to be so long! I'm sure you're going to have a great time hanging out with everyone watching the game, as will I but with much less people!

    By Blogger Laura, at 7:59 PM  

  • Way to go Colts!!!! Whoa, I'm rootin' for the colts the whole way baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home