Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

SEX GOD

I tried to come up with a catchy phrase to start this blog entry but I can't really so here's what I have come up with:

Sex God is, well, just ... "wow!"

When (it's not a matter of "if") you read this book, I highly recommend taking the time to read it with a bible next to you and taking the time took look up the scriptures Bell references. In addition, be sure to take the time to read the endnotes in the back of book.
As a person who loves to think, this book is right up my alleyway. I don't want to compare it to Velvet Elvis because the two are different in many regards and similar in others. I think Sex God actually presents more questions than his previous book.

Will you agree with everything that Bell presents? Probably not but, for goodness sake, take the time to explore the scriptures. This book will probably change the way you view your relationships and the way you have perceived and viewed what sex is and means. It should challenge you views on love as well.

Here's a few thoughts, well, questions actually:
Can you really be connected to God without being at peace with who you are? (Pg. 46)

When was the last time lust delivered on a promise? (Pg. 72)

Do you realize that you are worth dying for? (Pg. 122)

Have you had sex without ever being naked? (Pg. 157)

This book, necessarily, isn't about how to have a better love life or to be better sexually but rather how to see how God has wired all of humanity to be fully human in His image. If nothing else the book should start a lot of good discussion.

2 Comments:

  • I don't understand. Is this book about the clearly homosexual relationship between Jesus and the Apostles?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 PM  

  • Can I borrow the book?

    By Blogger Ryan, at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home