Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, February 02, 2007

SUPER BOWL XLI

So the close of the NFL season is here and there is much to be sad about. Unless you consider that pitchers and catchers report for Spring Training in less than two weeks!

Anyway ... In games not involving the Colts this playoff season I am a perfect 7-0 but in predicting games with the Colts it's not so good as I have posted a 1-2 mark. Since the Super Bowl clearly involves the that team from Indiana, my level of confidence in my pick certainly isn't at an all-time high but I will pick a winner none the less.

Colts - 27
Bears - 21

If the Colts play at a high level, I don't think Chicago can beat them. Don't get me wrong the Bears pose a fair amount of problems for Indianapolis but on paper the Colts are the better team. If the Bears can cause two or three turnovers then I would say it's their game to lose. Chicago should contain the Colts run game but the Bears pass defense is good but not outstanding and that's going to be a major concern all game.

As for the Bears offense, I think they will be able to run the ball fairly effectively but I'm not sure Rex Grossman can play at a high level for all four quarters. A Devin Hester punt return or kick-off return for a touchdown could offset some problems for the Bears but I don't think it will happen. If it comes down to a field goal attempt late in the game, I don't think anyone is going to bet against the Colts and Adam Vinatieri.

Enjoy the game (and the commercials).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home