Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

G.R. HALF MARATHON

I was going to keep this information to myself but I'm to excited to do that. I got this e-mail this morning ...

Dear Stephen Hinkel:

Thanks for registering for the Metro Health Grand Rapids Marathon. We're working to make this the best event you'll ever run, and looking forward to seeing you in October.

In the meantime, check back from time to time at grandrapidsmarathon.com. There you can find lots of info, links to our blog, and weekly inspirational message on marathonminute.com. Now get out there and put your miles in and I'll see you in October.

and the adventure continues....
Don Kern
Race Director

Now, rest assured, I am running the half-marathon (13.1 miles)! I'm not quite ready for the test of a full marathon yet but I am just about as ready as possible for this event.

After running the Salmon Chase a few weeks ago I started thinking about running a half-marathon and I've continue to increase my weekly milage during my runs and I'm feeling great.
Registering for this race was a birthday present to myself ;-) ... So if you are anywhere near the Grand Rapids on Sunday, Oct. 28 I would love your support!

1 Comments:

  • WOOHOO!! I am soo excited for you! Way to keep pushing yourself!

    I hope you had a great birthday week-- we had a great time hanging out with you on Wednesday and Friday. Actually, we pretty much have a great time whenever we get together don't we?? :)

    By Blogger Jen, at 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home