Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, April 04, 2008

FINAL FOUR

I don't think I have ever been more excited for a Final Four.

Ever since the Jayhawks held off a furious Davidson comeback in the final two minutes last Sunday, that put all four No. 1 seeds into the biggest stage in college basketball, the excitement has been building for a variety of reasons --

1) These are the four best teams in the country. Through out the year these four have been the best. No Duke, No Tennessee, No Georgetown. These four are the best.
2) Kansas vs Roy Williams
3) UCLA makes their third straight apperance in the Final Four. Is this the year they break the drought?
4) Is Memphis as good as advertised?
5) So many good one-on-one match-ups - Kevin Love vs. Joey Dorsey, Darren Collison vs. Derrick Rose, Tyler Hansbough vs. Kansas' big men, Kansas' run-and-gun offense vs. UNC's run-and-gun offense

So without further waiting, here's what I believe will happen on Saturday evening:

UCLA 75, Memphis 71

I think the experience of playing in the Final Four from previous years proves to be the difference. These two teams match-up perfectly against one another. Both have great big man and guard play but, again, the experience is "X" factor.

UNC 85, Kansas 83

Roy Williams does just enough coaching to take out his former team. It kind of gives me a small ache to pick against my beloved Jayhawks but UNC does just enough. Of course, if I had an unbias opinion I still think I'd take UNC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home