Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

SUNDAY TEACHING RECAP

I feel extremely fortunate to have been given the opportunity to speak on Sunday morning. Not quite sure how else to put it. To be given a platform for a few brief moments and to be able to influence well is quite a blessing.

So the talk "Woo Me ... Please" went about as well as I could have hoped for. I took most of my teaching from Eccl. 4:7-12 about being in together-ness and not being alone in the world breaking the message up into three separate stories from my experiences:

Who Cares? (v.8)
Who do you pay attention to? (v. 9&10)
This idea of Team (v. 11&12)

The goal in my mind was just to get people to think. To think about what it means:
- to help those who need help
- to find out what it means to step into un-comfortable and awkward moments to advance God's kingdom
- to understand that loving God means loving everyone in there "sphere of influence"

Did everything go perfect? By no means did everything go according to the way I planned them in my head but overall I was satisfied. I should have bullet pointed my notes better and worked on better transitions from what point to the next but my inadequacies are more than made up by God.

Until the next one ...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home