Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, June 19, 2009

EXERCISE

Lately, I am trying some news things with my exercise regime. With a few targets in mind:

- Build quad muscles
- Work on core muscles more
- Keep Heart Rate around 75% when exercising
- Rest the legs

So I have actually cut back on my running. In fact from May 31-June 14 I didn’t run one single mile. Not one! Those days weren’t as mind numbing as I thought they might be because I found some new replacement exercises. Now I am spending more time on the bike and more quality time in the swimming pool. Plus I am finding new strength exercises. Since trying some new things, I have found one very prevalent – soreness in areas I haven’t experienced in a while.

All this new stuff is designed for one thing – be a better (and faster) runner. After all doesn’t all exercising come down to that for me? My legs have been screaming at me for less impact exercises and more swimming/biking makes them happier! Here’s to hoping all this new exercising helps.

Keeping my fingers crossed that these new exercise pay off in the long run (sorry no pun intended).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home