Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

MOSAIC VOLUNTEER STAFF

Last week I “officially” joined a very special community when I joined Mosaic Volunteer Staff.

What does that mean you might be asking. To put it in very simple terms, I have the opportunity (no, take that back) blessing to move forward as a leader in this beautiful community.

During the last week of my internship in 2006, I remember saying to our internship director that I want to move back to L.A. and be apart of volunteer staff at Mosaic and volunteer on Skid Row. That’s it. I’ll find a simple job somewhere and really focus on those two things. Life is interesting when wishes become passions and passions eventually become reality.

Currently I am doing a lot of things with the ServeLA team. Mosaic allows you to dream. And dream BIG. They definitely encourage dreaming at the highest levels and, for me, this ministry is a great place to dream. And, maybe most importantly, engage in my passion to care for the homeless and reach the city of L.A. one person at a time. Will I get frustrated? Sure. Will I get excited? Most definitely.

Dreaming Big and Living Passionately …

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home