Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A FIRST (AGAIN) ...

It's kind of funny how things continue to remain different. The year I served as General Manager of the Pulaski Rangers I used to tell people that "everyday is a new adventure" and that saying kind of held true today.

Being that this my last go round as a full-timer in the business I've been trying to do all kinds of different of tasks. Well today brought something I never thought I would do (ok, just see picture). A local Harley Davidson dealer is raffling off a motorcycle and they were storing it in the front office. I'm not a huge motorcycle fanatic but there was something awesome about steering it around the ticket office prior to the game this evening.

After getting the bike into place in front of the stadium for the raffle, I pulled off grounds crew duty! Oh man, that was cool to "line off" the foul line and batters box prior to the game. OK, I know that doesn't seem like the most amazing thing in the world but I enjoyed it. The head groundskeeper keeps telling me I can mow the grass someday!

I'm not sure what I'll try and do for Wednesday's game. I'll have to try P.A. announcing or perhaps official scorer. Oh, well "everyday is a new adventure"

1 Comments:

  • The picture is awesome! Way to go on this last homestand, and still being able to make people laugh! Thanks for all the great times at the Cove!...Laura

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home