Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, November 04, 2005

INTRIGUING ENTERTAINMENT

This past week has been an intriguing one as I've paid closer attention to two "entertainment happenings" connected to Christianity and God.

I walked into Barnes and Noble on Tuesday evening to see what new releases might be worth checking out. I didn't know that Anne Rice was writing a book on Jesus and his younger years. I picked up a copy of Christ the Lord because I was curious enough after checking out the title. Not curious enough to buy it, yet. I'll have to read more next time I step into the bookstore

Then I realized that Narnia is about a month away from being released. I'm pretty pumped up about this flick. I remember seeing the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe when I like five at a church play. I think the movie will have a little better production value.

I was reading an article in Newsweek and the article brought up two questions that, well, interest me. 1) Will the movie be too religious for a wide audience? & 2) Might it not be religious enough for Lewis's Christian fans?

I don't think it will be too religious for the general public because I believe they will enjoy it regardless of what the very nature of the film is. The question is will the religious people accept the questions the general public is asking? Another question is will the religious people keep their mouths shut if something in the movie doesn't jive with their theology. Guess we'll have to wait to the movie comes out December 9.

Enjoying the crazy stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home