Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

LOVING GOD & OTHERS ...

Just something I have been wrestling with in my mind ...

From Matthew 22:34-40, Jesus is answering a question from a Pharisee, "... which is the greatest commandment in the law?"

Then Jesus replies, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and all your strength. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself."

I've posed this question to numerous people and I have gotten numerous responses. If we love the Lord our God with ALL our heart, strength and soul then how can we love others if ALL of our love should go to God? Do we have any love left to give?

I have my thoughts. Just wanted to give a glimpse in my warped way of thinking.

1 Comments:

  • This is so funny because we just talked about this in class. If you love the Lord with everything He will return it and more, so techniclly (sp?) it's God's love that you are using to love your neighbor.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home