Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, October 24, 2005

COUNTDOWN SAYS ...

Man, I have been backed up on not getting this up here. So here's a brief look at ...

MY FAVORITE BOOKS
(ok, first and foremost the bible but that's assumed ...)

1) Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell

This book has taken on more critiquing than it probably deserves. From my perspective I thoroughly enjoyed this read. I could really go on and on about this book but Bell's method of writing makes your wrestle with your own mind. Sounds strange but it works for me!

2) Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

This is probably a book that I'll read again sometime soon. I am sure that it will bring up a fair amount of questions for those who really read this book; which to me is awesome. The book will help point you in the direction that God wants it to go.

3) Barbarian Way by Erwin McManus

Oh yeah! I love this book. I could give you example after example that just freakin fires me up but I don't want to ruin it for some one who is reading it or might read it.

4) Boundaries in Dating by Cloud/Townsend

Although I have never be in a dating relationship in my life, this book is just awesome. It just makes so much sense and really helps you realize what this "dating thing" is all about. Well, at least I think so.

5) Uprising by Erwin McManus

Now I know that I'm a huge Erwin McManus fan but this is a challenging book for any strong follower of Christ. I would almost say that this book should make you feel uncomfortable and make you strive for more.

This list is VERY subject to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home