Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, October 24, 2005

HAPPY 30TH ANNIVERSARY

Who would have thought that 30 years ago this past weekend when just over 100 people gathered in movie theater in NW Chicago to meet for the first ever church service for Willowcreek that it would become what it is today?

Yesterday I took the little over 2 hour drive up to South Barrington, Ill. to take part in the 30 year celebration service and really just to say my little "thanks" to that church and what it has done in my life. They put an amazing celebration service together that was very inspiring as several handfuls of people walked across the stage with their story of hopeless-ness and because of Willowcreek Community Church their lives are now point towards God. Really words can't describe how inspiring that was.

I often think about that church but more importantly the main leaders of that church. I'll never forget the first time I met founding pastor Bill Hybels. The guy doesn't know me from Adam but that 60 second conversation with him so I could tell him how his messages, books, conferences, etc. have made such as positive influence on my life was unforgettable.

The list of leaders goes on: John Ortberg, Mike Breaux, Gene Appeal, Jim Tomberlin ... I mean I am just in so much "awe" of what God has done there. Just one big "wow" ... Like Bill Hybels often says - "Only God"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home