Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, October 31, 2005

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Let me introduce you to the Stanley Hotel ...


This place is probably more known as the hotel were the movie "The Shining" was filmed back in the early 80's but it also known as one the scariest hotels in the country. It's located in Estes Park, Colorado (about 80 miles north of Denver) which is right outside Rocky Mountain National Park.

While I was out in Colorado last year I took the above picture. The place just looks creepy with all the dark clouds and such in the backround. I took a brief walk around the place and it had an eerie feel about it. They also had some interesting postcards that had "red rum" and "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." Proabably should have picked one up.

I can not stand scary movies and haunted house type things. But it's Oct. 31 so I thought I would share something scary that I could handle. This is a very cool hotel but I will not be staying there anytime soon. I wouldn't mind watching this movie again. One of the few horror flicks I'll watch.

1 Comments:

  • See, it doesn't look that creepy to me! That's probaly because I haven't seen the Shining (let's just say I don't do well w/scary movies...). Anyway, I hope you're having a fun Halloween! (I just figured out about an hour ago that it was Halloween! How sad is that??) Anyway, talk to you later!
    Melissa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home