Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Sunday, December 11, 2005

GEORGE BUSH LIBRARY

Just got back from my trip to College Station, Texas where the George Bush Presidential Library & Museum is.

This was a little extra special part of my trip. We little had 90 minutes of "free time" on Friday afternoon and three of us took the tour of the museum. I was thoroughly shocked about how much stuff was there.

However, there was nothing more amazing then the piece of the Berlin Wall that was being housed inside the museum. I don't know exactly why I was so moved by the 2.5 ton piece of wall. Maybe it was the oppression the wall caused, the division or maybe the freedom it gave once it feel but it was just so moving. I literally spent 15 minutes just standing in front of the piece and reading some of the story behind the wall. Just absolutely amazing.

Then I was we completed our tour that looks out over a lake, we saw a white hair lady taking a walk around the water. It was none other than Barbara Bush. We tried to get outside and take a picture but she went inside before we could get to her. Still, very cool seeing her as she walked her dog around the lake.

2 Comments:

  • I'm glad you had a good week. See you in a little over two weeks!
    Melissa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 AM  

  • Stephen,
    Sounds like you had a blast in Texas. Enjoy the snow that we have now. Safe travels for the rest of the year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home