Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

DA VINCI CODE

I have finally completed probably the best (at least one of the best) fiction novels ever written. I actually finished rather quickly considering the 450+ pages only took me two weeks to complete. So my little review of the "Da Vinci Code" ...

It took me less than 50 pages to realize that this book really is pure genius. A real page flipper, if you will. Dan Brown is an absolute brilliant writer. He weaves together all these different stories so perfectly that it really is quite amazing. I have never read a book were I was just so stunned by the twist and turns that you just have to keep reading. But more importantly he constructs the whole story so well.

Then of course you have the Christian side of this book that has a lot of religious people up in arms. If Christians would just read the book for what it is, that being a fiction novel, then it can be enjoyed by everyone without all this controversy. For more on this, and other stuff, check out Dan Brown FAQ site - here.

The movie based on this book is coming out in mid-May with Tom Hanks starring as the lead character. I can only hope that the movie does the book some justice. I have hope though because Ron Howard is directing and the cast is pretty solid.

Right now I would have to call this the best book I have ever read from the simple stand point that I just wanted to spend every free moment I had reading it. I can't wait to start reading the first book in the series "Angels & Demons" which is suppose to be better.

Enjoy cracking the code!!

1 Comments:

  • I haven't read this book yet, but now that I've read your post, I'm going to. I like that you said we Christians need to just read it for what it is . . . that's exactly what I'm going to do.

    By Blogger Shari, at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home