Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Saturday, December 03, 2005

SWEET 16 & TEXAS BOUND!!

Friday night was a good night. The Notre Dame volleyball team knocked off Northwestern 3-0 to advance to the "Sweet 16" in the NCAA tournament for the first time since the 1997 season. Yeah, I know that I'm the poster child for a volleyball nerd but it was so much fun to see this team advance. This team of five seniors finally has broken through and got past the second-round of the NCAA's.

With the win the Irish will play either Wisconsin or California down in College Station, TX in the round of 16 on Friday evening. So on Thursday morning myself and fellow volleyball broadcast buddy will board a plane for Texas! I have never been to the Lone Star state (well, the "longhorn" state) and while it's probably nothing spectacular I'm pumped.

Here's a look at some important numbers:

Dec. 2 in South Bend, IN: 20 degrees
Dec. 2 in College Station, TX: 80 degrees

Notre Dame's record: 30-3
California/Wisconsin record: 19-10/24-6

So it seems to me that no snow in December is better than frigid weather conditions with snow. Whoever the Irish play in the "Sweet 16" it's going to be a battle. Last season, Wisconsin beat ND in the second round but it's more fun to be there then not being there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home