Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

GOOD TO GREAT

Been watching the DVD's of previous Leadership Summit's head at Willowcreek the past few weeks and I came across one that I have heard a lot about but never "experienced" it myself. Well, I am so glad that I finally got to process Jim Collins' "Good to Great" talk from the 2003 Summit.

I watched the 54-minute talk four-times now and each time I find myself just myself more and more interested. I am a sucker for leadership stuff anyway but this guy just peaked it to a level that no one else has (although Bill Hybels is right on par).

Just some of the quotes that got me:

"Good is the enemy of Great."
- Because, after all, by in-large good is the standard that everyone is trying to meet.

"Think rigorous not ruthless"
- This one really got me because confrontation really isn't a problem for me but doing it correctly and with tact can be.

"Only you will ever know"
- See you and your conscience will ever know if you cheated, lied, cut a corner or whatever to accomplish your goals

I picked up the book and started reading it the other night and it is chalked full of mind blowing stuff! Becoming better ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home