Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, November 28, 2005

ROAD TRIPPING

If you have ever seen the movie "Planes, Train and Automobiles" then you may know what it is like to have a travel schedule that can be insane.

My friend once told me that I was never afraid of a roadtrip and he might be right but that doesn't mean I always enjoy it.

From Wednesday morning til Monday afternoon I sat in a car for somewhere in the vacinity of 40 hours and 1900 miles or so. Let's just say that I think I got caught up on the sermons on CD's I'd been meaning to listen to. So a big thanks to the following: John Ortberg, Rob Bell, Henry Cloud and Erwin McManus for making the adventure go a little easier.

Just a few more weeks to I'm back in the car for the Christmas season! I need to get some new CD's! Hey, at least gas is under $2/gallon!!

3 Comments:

  • Trust me...I understand all the time in the car in such a short weekend! I'm sure you had much more time in the car than I did though! I hope everything went well. I'll see you in four weeks!
    Melissa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 PM  

  • It's interesting you mention that movie, it was just on TV this past weekend. Glad to hear your Thanksgiving was good. I too, was thankful for the hours of sermon CD's I have! I especially enjoyed that one you let me borrow, "On this Rock". I listened to it four times! What an edge-of-your seat thriller!

    By Blogger Jonathan Anderstrom, at 2:00 PM  

  • I just found your blog recently and have enjoyed your posts!

    I hate sitting in the car for long periods of time, so that would drive me nuts! But I love Henry Cloud, so his CDs would definitely help. My hubby drives about 4 hours every day, so he can somewhat relate.

    By Blogger Shari, at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home