Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, January 23, 2006

FROM THE WEEKEND

Some interesting things to note ...

Unless you have been under some sort of rock, you know that the Steelers and Seahawks are going to Super Bowl XL in Detroit on Feb. 5

Did you see that Kobe Bryant scored 81 points on Sunday evening. 81 points! That's freakin crazy. He scored 55 of them in the second half! The game total the second highest point total in the history of the NBA. Second only to Wilt Chamberlin's 100 point effort in 1962. Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, etc., etc. never scored 80!

At the Sundance Film Festival there was a film made about a black Jesus. Interesting. Never thought of it that way. Although I'm not sure about the whole theology of the film but certainly peaks some curiosity. There's another article about the movie - here

On another entertainment front, NBC is canceling the West Wing after seven seasons. The final show will air in mid-May.

1 Comments:

  • I happened to enjoy my weekend underneath my rock, thank you....Actually, no I didn't! :) Thanks for the update on what's going on in the real word; I actually had no clue that ANY of that had happened....Talk to you later!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home