Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

HOCKEY NIGHT

Last night I braved the snow along the toll road and the Dan Ryan Express Way and took in my first NHL game in nearly four years! I wasn't really thrilled about driving through the first crappy weather of the New Year but I got to my destination in a little less than two hours so I was happy!

Being an Islanders fan living in the midwest there aren't many chances to watch your favorite team play so the Tuesday game evening wasn't ideal, but it was so much fun. Especially since the Islanders won 2-1! Granted these two teams aren't near playoff contention but, I like our chances in a year or two as long as Islander goalie Rick DiPietro keeps getting better. Watching him last night was worth the price of admission.

Of course I've been saying the phrase, "in a year or two" for the Islanders for long than I can remember but I will stay loyal!! Considering it was a professional sporting event, the evening didn't evening cost a lot a money.

"Pre-Game" Meal at Portillo's Famous Hot Dogs: $6.16
(If you have never eaten here, you must!)

Parking: $12.00

Ticket to Game: $8.00
(Blackhawks have this great student discount)

Soft Pretzel at Game: $3.00
(Gotta have a pretzel)

Watching your favorite team win in OT: AWESOME! ... Ain't hockey great?!?

1 Comments:

  • I Love Portillo's! Have you ever had Aurilio's though? They have the best pizza!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home