Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, April 10, 2006

"REJECTED"

Recently, I have been totally engrossed with the "All American Rejects" ... Corey Mann said that he loved this band and when I read that I thought he was on crack.

Then slowly but surely I started to warm up to them and the first I "finally listened" to "Dirty Little Secrets" I was hooked. What a great video. Watch it - here.

On Friday I spend like 30 minutes at Barnes and Noble listening and reading reviews of their two albums. I also found out that they wrote "Swing, Swing" which is extremely catching and enjoyable to listen to.

I think I might just need to round up some cash to buy at least of their albums. Sounds like quality stuff but more importantly well thought out song writing.

2 Comments:

  • Well, hey there. I admit their stuff is catchy and I especially like "Move Along." I hate to be a pain, but I don't like the message that "Dirty Little Secret" is sending. It seems to me, and I may be wrong, that they're saying it's ok to keep secrets. If you look at some of those cards in the video, like, I miss feeling close to God or I hate myself because I'm half black, half white, from a Christian perspective we know that we can't keep secrets like that. Anyways, yeah. I've been thinking about that song for a while. Just curious to hear what you think.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:12 PM  

  • k so its about time lol...they are a great band...i guess i look at the video a little differendtly that pauley does...i can see it from his point of view too but i think it also makes aware of how many people carry around these dirty little secrets and that there is a need for us to reach out and step out of our boxes a little more. it also makes me glad that i attend and belong to a church (GCC) that welcomes and encourages us to share those dirty little secrets in our small groups and to pray about them and does not close the door on people who have these. I think at first glance though it can make you feel very far away but I think God found a way to speak to certain people and make them aware that it is important to not jist microwave relationships and to dig a little deeper. As Christians we know we cant keep these secrets but there are others who do not know this and have not experienced the freedom of releasing them to God. just some other thoughts~

    By Blogger Sarah B, at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home