Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"I LIKE SPORTS"

A few weeks back I was sitting on the bench during a Saint Mary's volleyball match and I looked at our trainer and just said, "I like sports." I just do. It's mine hobby, if you will. I've tried others things, I really have, but nothing matches the excitement, the fun, the adrenaline rush of sports.

Take, for example, reading. I love to pick up a book, magazine, article but it doesn't quite compare to playoff baseball or a Saturday during college football season. I like reading but not as much as sports.

Another close second to sports for me is listening to music. I have become pretty intrigued with finding new bands with different sounds and searching around the iTune library but there's something a little more exciting about sports.

How 'bout a chick flick - HA! Read a little something - here - for my thoughts on that. Shopping - Nope. Painting - you don't wait to see me paint. Cars - Fun but not quite. Movies - No Thanks.

The competition is a great release for something that might be frustrating me. The social bonding among fellow fans is excellent. The constant thrill of winning especially when your loyalty is rewarded with a big win.

I like sports.

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, I like sports too! Especially when it comes to ND football, Colts, Bears, Cubs, etc. etc. who knows maybe this year it will be Bears/Colts for the super bowl!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home