Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, October 05, 2006

LUCKY ME ...

So today is my 28th Birthday and well, here are some events in history that are "privileged" to share my birthday ...

2001
Barry Bonds of the San Francisco Giants set a new mark for home runs in a single season, hitting his 71st and 72nd in a loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers. (Freakin Barry Bond! Why couldn't he have done this on Oct. 6th)

1989
A jury in Charlotte, N.C., convicted former PTL evangelist Jim Bakker of using his TV show to defraud followers. (Not sure if it is a priviledge to have this on your birthday!)

1962
The Beatles' first hit, ''Love Me Do,'' was released in the United Kingdom.

1921
The World Series was broadcast on radio for the first time. (See this is the real reason I am a Yankees fan. They have, after all, had more World Series broadcast then any other team)

People Who Were Born on this Date:

My Grandma Hinkel!
Grant Hill
Patrick Roy
Kate Winslet
Mario Lemieux
Bernie Mac

Random U2 Fact about Oct. 5 --

They have only had one tour date on Oct. 5 (London, England @ Half Moon Club during the "Boy" Tour when I turned 2 in 1980!)

6 Comments:

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :D Hope it's another great year of life for you. Just keep living it to the fullest my friend. Life is an amazing adventure.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 AM  

  • Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a great day, and an awesome rest of your birthday week!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 PM  

  • My sister also shares a b-day with you! Happy b-day, Stephen Hinkle!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:28 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Stephen!! I hope you had a great one!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Stephen! Havent seen ya in awhile, how are ya doing? I hope you had a great day :).
    -Erin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 PM  

  • I hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home