Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, September 15, 2005

BIG TERM PAPER

For the last few weeks I have this big final paper due for my first class toward my Masters of Ministry degree - Interpreting the Old Testament.

Here's the final stat count:

Number of Pages: 17
Word Count: 5100+
Sources Used: 10
Hours Devoted to Paper: Enough!

Ok, this paper on the Meaning and Significance of Psalm chapter 2 was really interesting. There were moments that I struggled with it but I really found myself like "woah" during some of the research. Of course I hope that I get a grade that reflects how much I worked at this thing and the "woah" factor reflects in the paper.

Well, whatever the grade I get, I enjoyed reading some of the commentaries that people like Charles Spurgeon, Matthew Henry and A.R. Faussett had on this stuff. Most people reading this are like - who are those guys?!? They are really important and that's about all you need to know. Very smart individuals.

The best part of this paper was I found a way to incorporate Rob Bell's "Velvet Elvis" and Erwin McManus' "Barbarian Way" ... I'm sure Dr. Tomasino will start scratching his head when he reads that portion of the paper! He is a pretty cool professor so I'll be curious to see what he says about that!

Well, my next class starts on Tuesday - "Theology of the Old Testament" again with Dr. Tomasino. Should be interesting! Maybe I can quote something from Bill Hybels or John Ortburg book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home