Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, September 09, 2005

COUNTDOWN SAYS ...


Ok, here's something I wanted to do for a while. Once a week I'll countdown my favorite something (i.e. movies, songs, vacation spots, etc.) so this is my first countdown ...

MY FAVORITE SONGS ...

(there are people reading this right now who are just rolling their eyes! - HA!)

#1) Walking in Memphis - Marc Cohn

I absolutely have loved this song for the moment I heard it. If I remember right this won a Grammy award for "Song of the Year" in the early 90's. I was a little bothered that Lonestar did a remake but oh well, the original will always be the best!

#2) With or Without You - U2

Probably not a better song by this band. I just freakin' love this song. Recently I've wondered if Bono wrote this song while he was thinking about God. It possible - can you live life with God or without God? The song isn't exactly clear b/c most people think it's about human relationships, I mean just a thought.

#3) This is Your Time - Michael W. Smith

Oh man, what a song. He wrote a book that went along with this song that was written after the Columbine shootings. More specific it was for Cassie Bernall, who's confession to the gun men that she was a Christian and she was willing to die for it. Her story is an amazing one, as is the song.

#4) Hanging by a Moment - Lifehouse

I still remember exactly were I was the first time I heard this song. I was in Perry Hall on the campus of Radford University listening to it on my friends Napster player. It was October of 1999. Don't ask me how I remember, I just do. I think I played at least five times straight.

#5) Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw

Shouldn't we all be living like this song suggests?

Honorable Mention (no specific order) - "Meant to Live" by Switchfoot, "Superman" by Five for Fighting, "Niagara" by Sara Evans, "Go There with You" by Steven Curtis Chapman, "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen, "Til Kingdom Come" by Coldplay, "Everything I do ..." by Bryan Adams

I guess who can just call this mix of songs, well - interesting! However, please notice the lack of R&B and Rap. Not a fan of those genres at all. This list is subject to change as more great songs get released!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home