Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, August 26, 2005

SCHOOL IS IN SESSION

It seems that learning all this information (Interpreting the Old Testament at a Graduate Level) in a three-day period is a bit much. I think I would equate it to a small child trying to cram down an entire buffet at a Chinese restaurant.

Here's the main point - I drink coffee pretty regularly and, in fact, it's almost a bad habit. Let me tell you now, there is not enough caffeine to get through a three-day intensive class paying 100% attention. I found myself day-dreaming a fair amount but not a whole lot. You know what though!?! ... there was a lot of interesting information and insightful stuff that I never knew was there.

I wouldn't call it too hard but maybe just too much in too short of time period. However, there is something to be said for being done with going to class. I mean I still have to write a 20 or so page paper in the next three weeks but at least I don't have to sit in class from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. til my next class begins in the middle of September.

In all I wrote down 35+ pages of notes and my hand was entirely red at one point. You can really tell on the pages in which I was starting to fade away because the words become a little more sloppy. By the end of the three days I was just done. Have you ever seen that commercial were the egg is frying on that pan and getting burned to a crisp?!? ... Well, that's my brain!

One class (almost) down ... A lot more to go! Bueller?!? ... Bueller? ... Bueller?? ...

1 Comments:

  • Oh come on!!! If I can handle this you can! :) I have to go back after three days unfortunately, though. Just think of what one 2nd year med student told me...."It's like drinking from a fire hydrant. You just get as much as you can!" Hang in there, it will be OK!....Mel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home