Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

MY NEW ALBUM

Every now and then there are albums that I can't wait to purchase (U2, Coldplay) and I've really been looking forward to buying Switchfoot's new album "Nothing is Sound" for months now. So yesterday around Noon I did my usual grocery shopping at Target and found my way to the music section and picked up my copy. (On a side note, it was nice to leave work for about 90 minutes to buy groceries b/c well my refrigerator and cupboards were fairly empty.)

Upon returning to work I immediately ripped off the plastic and put it into my CD player. I've listen to the album four times and it is going to take some time for this album to "grow on me." My fellow Switchfoot fans tell me to watch the DVD on the flipside of the DualDisc and that will help me understand the way some of the songs sound and were written.

Right now I would say that "Stars" is by far the best sounding song. But in terms of the lyrics I am a huge fan of the song "Easier to Love." This album doesn't sound like "Beautiful Letdown" a whole lot. For the most part it is much slower but still rocks out during certain songs. It's hard not to compare this album to "Beautiful Letdown" because it was so a freakin' awesome album so when listening to "Nothing is Sound" realize the two are vastly different. This is the kind of album you would put on at your apartment or home when you have friends over and you are just hanging out (i.e. a little more on the mellow side). As opposed to "Beautiful Letdown" which would have the types of songs to get your blood flowing in the morning and makes you want to sing at the top of your lungs.

I'd give this album some where in the range of a B- grade. Not bad but not great either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home