Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, September 08, 2005

TENNIS ANYONE??

For those of you who don't know, I am a tennis fan. In fact years ago I used to play tennis so regularly that it was more of a way of life then just a hobby. And really this is one of my favorite times of the year because I love watching the U.S. Open. Well, I would love to watch more of the U.S. Open but I don't have cable!

OK, so does anyone remember when Andre Agassi was doing those camera advertisements and "image is everything" motto? Man, I thought he was the coolest cat on the block. Now flash forward to the present time and he just is a pleasure to watch and I don't care about his image he portrays but rather the game and work ethic he is putting forth is what's important.

Last night was just a classic. The guy is 35 years old and has been playing tennis on a professional level for just about as long as I have been on the planet and he won a match that he had no business winning against James Blake. He was basically down and out. But the "old man" from Las Vegas proves once again proves to those who doubt him that he isn't going away. The guy was down 2 sets to none and a break of serve and just a few points from defeat more than once. I mean, I'm just basically speech-less.

Here's the thing -- the guy doesn't have many chances left to win a Grand Slam title. He just doesn't. You gotta start believing that maybe, just maybe he can win this thing. And if he doesn't win it, then it was fun to enjoy the run he's been on the last 10 days!

He's got a semifinal match against a guy he should beat then probably a match-up in the Finals against one the best (if not the best) player in the history of the game. There's something magical about the run he's made thus far so here's to hoping there's enough magic for two more matches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home