Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, August 22, 2005

DIARY FROM THE BALLPARK #5

Ok, here's the final installment of my diary from the ballpark! (I can't believe I was putting Dairy - like milk - for the first four!!)

For obvious reasons a lot of people have been asking me the simple question "are you going to miss it"? Well there is no doubt that I will miss certain aspects of working in baseball. However, there is no doubt that I will be having fun spending time on summer nights in the future doing things that I want to do instead of having to be at the ballpark!

I will miss some of the extra perks that comes with working in baseball like mascot appearances, watching kids smile when grabbing a foul ball, playing catch during "down time" on the field, speaking engagements, free tickets for my friends and, of course, views from the roof just to name a few.

However, I won't miss watching the radar and wondering if I have to pull tarp to go along with crazy complaining fans, long (and I mean long) working hours, sleepless nights rolling hot dogs for DARE day games and, of course, pulling trash!! Oh, I certainly will not miss Scout Night! Those crazy kids never sleep!!!

It's funny, every now and then I have friends ask me if I am dating some one or if I have a "significant other" and my standard response was I am 'married to baseball.' It's a pretty cool deal, I mean she may leave at the end of September every year but she will always come back around in early April!! Well, I guess I better come up with a better come back when asked that question!

You know I actually look forward to being a baseball fan again. This year I have yet to watch a game "just for fun as a fan." It will give me great pleasure to sit in the stands and know that I can't be reached on the radio to fix a problem!

Get-up and stretch one last time!!

2 Comments:

  • Congrats on making it through! You were awesome at what you did and you'll be great at what you're moving into in your life now! Talk to you soon....Mel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:35 PM  

  • Well, I'm sure you have heard this already, but way to go on making it through. (Oh, and good pitch by the way!) Thanks for all the great times at the Cove. Catch you later....Laura

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home