Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Thursday, September 22, 2005

TRIBUTE TO NORAH JONES

This day last year was one of my favorite days in my life. I was nearing the end of my vacation in Denver and I was going to see Norah Jones at Red Rocks.

First off, if you ever get to see a concert/event at Red Rocks you have to go. There is nothing like it. The rock formation is all natural and the sound is freakin' amazing. It is absolutely perfect!

The opening act was a guy named Amos Lee. Never heard of the guy before that night and afterwards I was searching everywhere to listen to his music. He's got an awesome sound. He put out his first CD in March and I highly recommend picking it up if you like Jazz/Blues type music!

Then Norah Jones came on ... Oh my it was the most perfect evening. I know this is going to sound overly "emotional" but there was a full moon, a small chill in the air and you could see the stars. It was just awesome. Her first song was "What am I to you" and all I could think was - "every penny I spent on this vacation was worth it for this moment." Just speechless!

She played every song that I wanted and just a "wow" night. There is not a better female singer out there. No matter the genre!

Finally, I would move to Colorado just to live near Red Rocks and get season tickets to there concert series!

1 Comments:

  • Wow, are you a girl? Just wondering! (I mean, seriously, with a small chill in the air? You could see the stars? Of course you could see the stars, you're in CO! Just a thought!) Oh, while I'm thinking of did you take your meds today?

    Yes, I know I'll be dead once I get back to the bend, but this is totally worth it! Keep smiling! Honestly, I'm telling you the truth, live in the questions! Haha!!!!

    Laura

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home