Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, September 26, 2005

VOLLEYBALL

I am a huge volleyball fan. It's just a great sport. I believe most people think of volleyball as something you do in the backyard at your family reunion. It's a highly under-rated and under-appreciated sport.

While I was in college my main sport in the Media Relations office was volleyball. During my three years as the "Radford volleyball guy" the team was pretty good and in 2000, we made the NCAA Tournament. Also got a championship ring that year since we won the conference title! That was a fun season!

Fast forward to my move to South Bend in 2002 ... My second weekend living in frigid Northern Indiana, Notre Dame hosted the first and second round of the NCAA tournament. I got to help out with "stats stuff" and now for the last three season I've had to the honor of broadcasting about half of the Irish volleyball matches. Really the picture proves it - HA!!


Here's the fun thing about doing this ... I get to watch a Top 25 volleyball team on a regular basis, I've traveled with the team and forged some cool connections through that, I broadcasted three NCAA tournament matches & seen some places I never would have traveled to.

Currently, they maybe the best team Notre Dame has. They've beaten three top 25 teams and are ranked in top 10 and they have two All-American players. It's worth watching!

More fun than volleyball at your family reunion!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home