Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, September 23, 2005

COUNTDOWN SAYS ...

HISTORICAL EVENTS I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THERE FOR

Every now and then you have those conversation of "you could go back to a place or time what would it be" ... Here's where I would go:

1) Jesus walks on water

Imagine a person witnessing this event. I mean what are the implications of this if you are watching this happen? This would take the phrase "I was speechless" to a whole new level to watch the happen. Think about it, the next day some one comes up to and asks "what did you do yesterday?" ... Do you really think they'd believe you if you said, "I watched some one walk on water."

2) "I have a Dream" speech

You see this speech played on TV every so often and if I ever see it I just stop and watch. There is just something that grabs me. Probably the best speech ever given. Well, not "probably" ... It is the best speech ever given.

3) 1980 USA Hockey Team

I was 2 years old when this happened so needless to say this isn't something I remember. This team had no business winning the Gold Medal, let alone beat Russia in the semifinals. There are upsets every year in sports but this upset minded team will never be forgotten.

4) Woodstock

I mean the "real" one. The first one that took place in 1969. I have no clue why but it just fascinates me that 100,000's of people just converge in the middle of no where in New York.

5) Jesus' "Sermon on the Mount"

It's the greatest sermon ever preached so I want to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home