Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Friday, October 07, 2005

COUNTDOWN SAYS ...

MY FAVORITE MOVIES

These are the movies that I enjoy watching for a variety of reason. There not necessarily the "best" movies but I just like them.

1) Beautiful Mind

I was just taken by the story of John Nash. I remember leaving the theater and thinking, "that's the best movie I have ever seen." The relationships between him and his wife along with the way he communicates to his "made-up friends" is just amazing.

2) American Beauty

This movie is just borderline perfect. It is so well thought out and developed you can't help but like it. It's kind of a love or hate deal. There's really not much middle ground with this movie. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

3) Braveheart

If for no other reason to watch this movie, just watch William Wallace's leadership abilities. I still contend that this is the best movie to watch for leadership. It's an awesome story about an amazing leader.

4) Gladiator

This movie just freakin' fires me up. The imagery is flat out stunning. Not a bad scene in this movie.

5) Field of Dreams

Here's a thought - what if people followed their dreams & "promptings" like Kevin Costner's character? No matter how crazy people thought they were.

Honorable Mention (no specific order) - Airplane, Something about Mary, All the Presidents Men, Return of King (Lord of Rings Pt. 3), Bull Durham, Crash

3 Comments:

  • Wait a second, I don't see American President on there... I am confused, we've talked about this movie many times before and it's not on your list...hmmm. Catch you later. Laura

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 AM  

  • Somehow it doesnt surprise me that a baseball movie made your list!

    I think Crash deserves more than an honorable mention though!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 PM  

  • I'll be nice and not criticize any of your movies on the list (or not on the list!) :) Sadly, I haven't seen a lot of the movies on there....I need to get out more! (or study less...) Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Melissa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home