Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Sunday, October 09, 2005

MEN'S RETREAT

Well, good times. Good times indeed! Just got back from my 2nd ever Granger Community Church men's retreat. There's something about having out with a bunch of guys that is just cool.

Dr. Bob gave one of the best reasons on why he enjoys being a guy (I am para-phrasing a little):

"You can go into Target before Christmas and buy 15 gifts in 15 minutes and have all your Christmas shopping!"

Each of the three messages were pretty amazing. Mark Beeson kicked the whole thing off on Friday evening and then Mark Waltz teamed with Ted Bryant for a Saturday morning session then Dr. Bob just rocked it out that night. While the messages were great as were the small group times, the best thing to me was just the one-on-one time with other guys.

I love having individuals my life that will pick you up when you need it and be willing to listen when you need that as well. More over it is so freakin' great to have friends that trust me. It just is. Nothing like building into each other.

There are plenty of more details to go into about crazy cow-bells, camp fires, football but I leave that out ;-) ... See you next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home