Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

SAME TEAM?!?

Somethings in life just flat out confuse me and I may never get a grasp on it. Things like women, God's love and terrorism amongst other things.

Yet after reading the blog "Granger Community Church - An Evangelical Disaster" (LINK); It just confuses me how "church going individuals" can just hurl insults toward churches and one another. We are all serving the same purpose and have the same goals. It's about getting people connected to God. Every person is wired differently and draws closer to God in their own unique way.

Churches and Christ-Followers ARE on the same team. Let's not forget that before the most beautiful story ever created is totally destroyed. It's not about being seeker sensative, or a mega-church, or Methodist, etc., etc. ... It IS about drawing people closer to God and advancing HIS kingdom.

Matthew 11:12

3 Comments:

  • Doesn't it seem like sometimes that some people are bent on destroying the church from the inside? It's really sad....all we can do I guess is only listen to the only Critic that really matters....frustrating...Thanks for the post!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:28 PM  

  • Oh my goodness, I can't really even express what I'm feeling right now. I want to stand up and say, hey, let's look over at Jesus and He'll keep our focus on what is right! He alone will keep our focus, stop fighting each other! Fighting with each other will not win the hearts of the lost, and will surely push them away if they are close enough to us. It is a fight that there will be no victory. Thanks for the blog....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 PM  

  • OK like the email I sent to Stephen I will say the same thing here...wow! and like Laura said I can't express anymore than just wow! right now....so yeah and it is a fight that there will be no victory...we all worship the same God and I think some people lose sight of that if we worship in a different way. God does not care how we worship Him just as long as we do worship Him and I am going to stop now b/c I could go on and on, but I need to try to get back to work now~ Peace

    By Blogger Sarah B, at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home