Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Sunday, August 21, 2005

DAIRY FROM THE BALLPARK #4

Well, here we go with installment 4 of 5 ... Enjoy!

The summer of 2004 was certainly a memorable one (oh, was it a memorable!) but there wasn't one specific moment that really stood out above all the rest but rather a stretch of days that would drive most normal people crazy and drive crazy people to be normal.

You gotta understand that each summer day was busy and there was always (and I mean always) something happening at the ballpark. There was one stretch of time that I worked 52 straight days from sometime in June til August. I don't mean I worked 52 straight Monday through Friday days but rather everyday for 52 straight days!!

I think this was the time period in my life were I had to have coffee on a daily basis. I can't pin point the exact moment when caffeine was the needed item but it was some where in this 52 straight days of mayhem and madness!

During the time period the ticket for the Bob Dylan & Willie Nelson show went on-sale that was an everyday circus. I knew I finally needed a day off when on Monday afternoon and fan called with one simple question "how much are tickets" ... Seems simple, right?!? Folks it took me like five minutes to formulate the thought and answer the question correctly. I can't even describe how "out of it" I was during that phone conversation. I hope the lady on the phone came out to the game that night!

So the minute I hung-up the phone, I filled out a vacation request form and got that Friday off. Yes, 52 straight days at the ballpark. People say that the best part of working in baseball is working at ballpark everyday. Well, I just don't recommend doing that for 52 straight days!

And also, my friends and family wonder why I didn't tell them were I went on my end of the season vacation last year! Well, there's your answer!

My last regular season game is Monday evening! Kind of bitter-sweet but at least I get to throw out the first pitch.

2 Comments:

  • Have fun throwing out the first pitch! Enjoy your last day. You finished well, and now you start school!! Come join the rest of us nerds with our heads constantly in books! hehehe Talk to you soon
    Melissa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 PM  

  • By the way, did you notice your blog says "dairy" (as in milk, etc.) from the ballpark.....See I can still be annoying from 600+ miles away! :) Talk to you later

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home