Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Monday, October 17, 2005

LIFE IN SLOW MOTION

So I got David Gray's new album "Life in Slow Motion" ... It took me a month but it is finally in my hands.

He is not the most well know artist in the music business but his stuff is second to no one. Obviously his style of music is something I enjoy a great deal and this album does not disappoint me. His song writing abilities are really good and enjoyable but more importantly the way he uses the piano is just about perfect.

I would classify him some where under the umbrella of goldfield, Van Morrison, Bruce springtail. His style is just really all of his own. If you get a chance, next time your out Barnes and Noble or Border just find his CD and listen for 5-10 minutes. Especially just out the songs, "Alibi", "Slow Motion" and "Ain't No Love"

This is definitely a slower album but not so slow that it will make you fall asleep! It's just good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home