Messing with My Mind Daily ...

Saturday, November 19, 2005

NOTRE DAME WEEKEND

So here I am getting ready to go the final home game of the 2005 Irish football season. In the last three years I haven't missed a game. I can't believe that. I couldn't stand Notre Dame growing up and in fact it is safe to say that I hated the Irish. Yet that has all some how changed.

I remember telling my friend Willie when I moved up here that there is "no chance I will cheer for Notre Dame even though I'm moving to South Bend." ... That lasted two weeks.

It's a big weekend around the Golden Dome. In addition to the final football home game, the 8th ranked volleyball team is in the Big East tournament, the 5th ranked women's soccer team is three wins away from back-to-back national titles and the women's and men's hoops teams are opening their season this weekend. Not to mention the men's hockey team is facing nationally ranked Miami (OH) and the men's soccer team is also in the NCAA tournament.

So here I am, a Notre Dame sports junkie. Never would have thought it. Might as will embrace it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home